Tuesday 1 July 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Classics I Want To Read



Hi Everyone,
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and today's Top Ten Tuesday is Top Ten Classics I Want To Read. However as I am not a big classics reader, I have decided to change it to Top Ten Books That I Think Will Become Classics. However, I do know that my friend over at A Corner In Time does enjoy to read classics so feel free to check her out.

Here is what I think they will be

I don't think it's no surprise here that Harry Potter will be likely to become a classic. The books are considered 'must reads' and the writing was so brilliant. Even the movies were spectacular.

The Hunger Games is such an amazing book. From the concept to the underlying message that accompanies it. This book, I think, will continue to be successful.

The hype that has surrounded this books is absolutely amazing. I don't think I've seen a more popular stand along book. I've noticed that it's not just girls who are reading it, yet guys have too. That, will no doubt, help it to become a classic

I know that this may be a controversial choice and that many people did not like the story nor writing style, however I do think that this book is not going anywhere anytime soon. The movies opened the door for book-to-movie adaptations and was a major success financially. Basically, it got to a point that you knew at least one person who had read the novels at some point. And for that reason, I believe that the novel 'Twilight' will popular in many years to come. If it doesn't make it as a 'classic', then it will definitely be a popular older book

I actually am not sure what else what I think would become a 'classic' in the future. Let me know in the comments below any other books you think may become one

Have Bloglovin? Follow me there!
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Most of those, while they may stand the test of time, will probably fade to the background. Sure, some people will still remember them and they might pop up in YA/children's Lit classes but for the most part I don't think they will still be household names in 30-100 years.
    Harry Potter will be a classic, and I'm not just saying this because I'm biased. I have never seen anything catch the imagination like HP did. I'm looking forward to seeing generations of Harry Potter fans to come.

    Between Bookends

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, out of these I think the only series that will become a classic will be Harry Potter (and again not just being biased). I think the others just haven't been able to reach as wide of an audience for starters. Sure all of these books are amazing (except perhaps the Twilight series...personal aversion to that one!), however I think they will just be books that have impacted our generation. Something new will replace these I think...Harry Potter is just simply magical! (excuse the pun :P)

    ReplyDelete