Thursday 3 July 2014

My Favourite Young Adult Quotes

Hi Everyone,
After watch Epic Read's YouTube video of 7 Young Adult Quotes, I decided to make my own list. I always love reading little lines in books that made me realise something or give me the courage to do something that I don't usually do. That is part of the reason I love GoodReads so much. I love their quote feature. After every book, I go through the top quotes and like the ones that really speak to me, whether they are motivational quotes or just really cute love lines. I have just checked my GoodReads and have realised that I have liked over 189 quotes. Yikes. To be honest, when I had just read The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones over two years ago, I kinda liked all the funny lines that Jace said. I think I may have to clean out my quotes section of GoodReads and make sure that they are actually quotes that mean something to me and not just funny ones. But I don't think that will happen as I love going through the quotes and just randomly laughing cause of a specific quote. So today I have decided to make a list some of the quotes that I feel are really motivational

'Your problems are out there. But they're small. They only grow out of proportion when they climb inside your head'
- 'Looking for Alibrandi' by Melina Marchetta

'Love is like the wind, you can't see it, but you can feel it'
- 'A Walk to Remember' - Nicholas Sparks

 'Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it'
- 'Divergent' - Veronica Roth

'Life isn't life if you just float through it'
- 'Delirium' - Lauren Oliver 

''The world', he said, 'is not a wish-granting factory'
- 'The Fault in Our Stars' - John Green

''One must always be careful of books' said Tessa, 'and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us'
- 'Clockwork Angel' - Cassandra Clare 

'Sometimes you make choices in life and sometimes choices make you'
- 'If I Stay' - Gayle Forman 

'You  have to go forward: It's the only way. You have to go forward no matter what happens. This is the universal law'
- 'Delirium' - Lauren Oliver
 
'Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read'
- 'Clockwork Princess' - Cassandra Clare  

 That was actually quite fun. Don't be surprised if you happen to see more of these types of posts on here in the future. But that last quote from Tessa of The Infernal Devices Series is so true. We have only gone through a section of our lives and there is still a large amount of things that haven't happened to us that will eventually occur. I, for one, am looking forward to that. So anyway, what are your favourite book quotes?

Have Bloglovin? Follow me there!
Follow on Bloglovin  

No comments:

Post a Comment